Operations Support Specialist & Enrollment Agent
Position Summary: Under the direction of the WRTP/BIG STEP Center Of Excellence Operations Coordinator and working closely with program staff and part time operations staff, the Operations Support Specialist is responsible for assisting with activities related to Center of Excellence participant flow and front desk and program activities.
The WRTP/BIG STEP Enrollment Agent supports Enrollment Solutions Operations through participation in commercial, state, and/or federal programs (TSA Precheck, TWIC, HAZMAT – additional information can be at https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/). The employee performs electronic fingerprinting functions according to the commercial, state, or federal customer’s program requirements. This position will be introduced to various processes, taught how to operate various fingerprinting machinery, and trained to navigate through specialized computer software databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations Support Specialist:
- Provide support to program staff related to General Information Sessions, BIG STEP Orientations and other recruitment and outreach efforts.
- Greeting and directing clients and guests in a professional and consistent manner.
- Understand and communicate programs, enrollment and eligibility process.
- Conduct Initial program intake and assessment scheduling.
- Accurate Data Entry into the ETO database, Excel spreadsheet and the use of MS Word.
- Compiling spreadsheets for tracking and reporting.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
- Perform clerical and office functions such as, but not limited to answering multiple phones and directing a wide variety of callers in an accurate and professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all agency files/records, business lists, and contractual agreements.
- Represent WRTP and BIG STEP, members, and partners in a professional manner at all times.
- Provide enrollment services to clients for TSA Precheck, TWIC, HAZMAT programs – (additional information can be found at https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/).
- Very strong communication skills, including greeting and directing clients and guests in a professional and consistent manner and understanding and communicating programs, enrollment and eligibility processes.
- Understand and communicate programs, enrollment and eligibility process
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshoot issues with fingerprinting equipment, including computer hardware and software.
- Obtain successful customer fingerprint images and capture biometric information to meet or exceed program standards.
- Verify customer identity and scan required documents into database system.
- Successfully complete required biometric and data capture processes and paperwork on each customer.
- Adhere to all company and departmental employment policies regarding security and confidentiality.
- Perform administrative duties such as time keeping, shift schedules, daily activity reports, card inventory, equipment inventory, and requisitioning supplies.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. WRTP/BIG STEP reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principals and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Technology – Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware, and computer software, including applications and data entry.
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical duties, such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, and/or outside organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Integrity – Job requires ethics and honesty.
- Must be able to pass federal background check, drug test, credit check, and reference/employment verification.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Must be a US Citizen, without dual citizenship.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- This position requires the ability to regularly sit and write at a computer, stand and lift less than 20 pounds to stock office supplies, frequently move from room to room to accommodate guests, use a telephone and use a computer equipment to generate input and output and transmit data.
All contractors seeking to commence work on a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) contract will be required to obtain a favorable pre-appointment determination as part of the Enter-On-Duty (EOD) process. The pre-appointment determination is based on criminal history records checks (including FBI fingerprint submissions); credit checks; and a review of required security forms (SF-85 – Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions or SF-85P - Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions). TSA is very serious about the reliability and trustworthiness of individuals hired into the Agency as either a federal employee or TSA contractor.
- Background check guidelines include: No felonies, identity or money fraud, violence, arrests or acts against the government of the United States of America or NATO allies.
- No unpaid or overdue taxes to federal, state, local, or US government. No non-medical collections exceeding $2,000, no medical collections or past due accounts exceeding $7,000.
Start Date: May 2018
Position Description: Non-Exempt, Non-Represented
Pay Range: $12.00 – 13.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Hours: Part Time. Approximately 20-25 hours per week