Community Outreach and Training Coordinator
The Community Outreach & Training Coordinator is responsible for outreach, engagement and recruitment of unemployed and underemployed individuals for current career training opportunities in the City of Racine and Racine County. The Community Outreach & Training Coordinator will assist with registration onto the greaterracineatwork.com website during outreach events in the community. The Community Outreach & Training Coordinator will provide career exploration, counseling and referrals to applicable approved training programs using effective case management practices and will also proactively communicate with trainees and training program providers to document training progress for successful results. The Community Outreach & Training Coordinator will take part in post training placement of trainees into related employment. Documentation and exceptional customer service is key for success in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outreach and community engagement to enroll in greaterracineatwork.com and corresponding training opportunities.Conduct community outreach and class recruitment activities.
- Present Community Workshops and career training opportunities to partner programs, businesses and other community groups.
- Assess participant skills and work with them (in groups and one-to-one) with the goal of placing them in training and employment positions.
- Conduct extensive and detailed client intakes and make appropriate referrals to approved training programs.
- Work diligently to support, cultivate, and maintain relationships with local employers.
- Assist with client résumés, development of employment materials, and job application process.
- Prepare clients for job interviews by assisting with employer research and conducting mock interviews.
- Accurate Data Entry into the Efforts To Outcomes (ETO) database.
- Perform clerical and office functions such as, but not limited to answering phones and directing a wide variety of callers in an accurate and professional manner.
- Compiling of spreadsheets for tracking and reporting and using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Accurate and timely client tracking, client scheduling, student support and case management duties.
- Ability to work closely with a diverse body of clients in regards to the application process, testing timelines, interview and placement process within the various industries.
- Assisting with program client intake, orientation sessions and client follow up as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all agency files/records, business lists, and contractual agreements.
- Represent WRTP and BIG STEP, members, and partners in a professional manner at all times.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. WRTP/BIG STEP reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
- Familiarity with community based, workforce development and training organizations in the Racine, WI area.
- Familiarity with high demand occupations within the Racine, WI area, including manufacturing, customer service, hospitality and building and construction trades.
- Knowledge of state and federally funded workforce development programs, including WIOA, SNAP E&T/FSET, Fast Forward, Transitional Jobs, Wisconsin Works (W-2), and TANF.
- Demonstrated experience creating presentations and utilizing multi-media presentation tools required.
- Solid knowledge of internet-based job matching programs. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel experience required, experience using a database preferred.
- 1-2 years prior clerical and customer service experience preferred.
- Effective public speaking and written communication required.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task is required.
- Will be required to work a variable scheduling including days, evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation, current motor vehicle insurance, and a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- This position requires the ability to regularly sit and write at a computer, stand and lift less than 20 pounds to stock office supplies, frequently move from room to room to accommodate guests, use a telephone and use a computer equipment to generate input and output and transmit data.
Start Date: IMMEDIATE
End Date: 6/30/2020
Pay Range: $20 - $25/hour, based on experience
Benefits: Health/vision/life/disability insurance, HSA, Pension, 401K, Personal & Vacation days
Position Description: Non-Exempt, Union Represented position
Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week